Island Tire & Automotive Services has been serving the Hilton Head Island community since 1973. Find out why we are the longest continuously operating tire and automotive service company in our area. Our goal is to help you keep your vehicle running great, and lasting a long time, we offer a complete range of services for the care and maintenance of your vehicle. We know how important your vehicle is to you. We continually invest in training and the latest technologies to help you keep your costs down, and keep you safely on the road. We care about you, and we also care about our environment.
- Complete Engine Performance Check: Using Snapon & Launch Diagnostic equipment we can assess the performance of an engine relative to its age.
- Tune-Ups: We routinely perform tune-ups replacing Spark Plugs, PCV valves, perform Fuel Induction cleaning and/or Fuel Injection Service using BG Products and equipment.
- Oil Changes: We change engine oil and filters daily for Asian, European and Domestic vehicles using premium Pennzoil Full Synthetic Oil as well as Shell conventional oil. We also include a can of BG Products MOA with every oil change. As part of every oil change, we conduct a 30-point vehicle inspection which includes checking Engine and Cabin Air filters, Serpentine Belts, checking the condition of all vehicle fluids such as: Brake fluid, Power Steering fluid, Engine Coolant and Transmission Fluid, filling Windshield Washer fluid
- Engine Repair & Replacement: We routinely replace worn out engines
- Computer Diagnostics: Using both Snapon & Launch Diagnostic Scan Tools we can pull up codes and key performance information from your vehicle’s computer system to determine the cause of the “Check Engine” light.
- Air Conditioning Service & Repair: Evacuation and recharge of both R134 and R1234YF HVAC Systems, U/V dye leak detection, HVAC Compressors, Condensers, Driers, Evaporator Cores, HVAC lines and Blower assemblies.
- Automotive Electrical System: We regularly perform Electrical System Diagnosis & Repair including software updates, ECU & PCM replacement as well as replacement of Alternators and Starters
- Brake System Repair: Brake Calipers, Brake Hose assemblies, replacement of broken or corroded metal brake lines, brake pads, brake rotors, brake shoes & brake drums.
- Tires: We specialize in providing tires for many applications. Our experienced team use Hunter Engineering Tire Mounting Machines and Hunter Roadforce Tire Balancers. We also repair Flat Tires daily using interior permanent patches.
- Suspension & Steering Repair: Have a noise or rattling when driving? We can diagnose and repair suspension issues caused by worn out Struts, shock absorbers, bushings, ball joints, sway bar links. We also work on air suspensions in vehicles like Range Rovers, Mercedes, Cadillac. We also install suspension Lift Kits and Leveling Kits for many Jeeps, Pickup trucks and SUV’s.
- Cooling System Service & Repair: Cooling System Diagnostics using infrared scopes and temperature scanners, replacement of water pumps, radiators, Thermostats, electrical cooling system fans
- Factory Recommended Maintenance - 30k, 60k, 90k,120-k: We can pull up your vehicle manufacturer’s recommended maintenance items and provide those services.
- Pre-Purchase Inspections: Upon request we can conduct a pre-purchase inspection to either confirm the condition of the vehicle or help you avoid buying someone else’s problem. It makes sense to make an informed decision or gain some information to negotiate a better deal.
- Muffler Service & Repair: We routinely replace catalytic convertors, exhaust pipes & mufflers.
- Automotive Electrical Systems: We routinely test and repair electrical systems including re-programming and software updates for many different vehicles. In some cases we may replace or re-build PCM’s and ECU’s in order to return vehicles to service. We also replace alternators, starters, power window regulators and we keep a larke stock of Interstate Batteries on hand .
- Lamp Inspections & Repair: No one needs to get a citation for having vehicle lights out. We routinely stock and replace lightbulbs daily as well as repair wiring harness.
- 2 & 4 Wheel Alignment: An alignment is a mechanical adjustment of a vehicles steering gear to promote better vehicle handling and longer tire wear. We use state of the art Hunter Engineering Hawkeye Elite alignment systems.
Have a special or unique vehicle that needs repair or maintenance? We work on all makes and models from vintage cars to exotic imports to sentimental favorites.